Snowdance Script Submission Rules
Official Rules, Application and Script Information
The Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival is a festival of original comedies that run 10 minutes or less. Submitted scripts will be judged by the Snowdance Selection Committee. A selection of scripts will be chosen for production during the Snowdance Festival in the winter of 2023. Opening January 27th and running through February 26th. Audiences attending Snowdance performances will have the ability to vote for the production they enjoyed the most. The votes will be tallied throughout the five-week festival run, and the Snowdance "Best in Snow" will be awarded to the winning playwright after the final performance on February 26th. Cash award of $300.00 to "Best in Snow," with $200.00 awarded to second place and $100 for third place.
- Through November 1st 2022 - Call for scripts.
- By December 2022 - Scripts chosen for production will be announced.
- Winter of 2023 –Run of festival performances.
- Immediately after final performance - Announcement of "Best in Snow."
To enter a script, please follow these steps:
- Competition is open to original 10 minute or shorter plays. Submission is considered to be approval to produce the piece in the Snowdance Festival. Musicals, adaptations, and translations will not be considered.
- NEW FOR 2023 - ALL Submissions ‘selected for production’ will receive a one-time $50.00 royalty payment for the run. As well as being in the competition for a chance at the cash awards of winning. Our efforts to continue respecting our Playwright community, and the partnership we share.
- Plays must run 10 minutes or less. A rule of thumb - 1 page (8 1/2 x 11) of single spaced, average dialogue will total about 90 seconds. Please time pieces prior to submission.
- Submissions must be postmarked on or before November 1st 2022.
- Manuscripts must be on standard 8-1/2" x 11" paper, cleanly typed and securely bound. Scripts should follow standard format. (Check any scriptwriting book in your library)
- Plays can have a cast of 1 to 4 characters and should be easily staged. Avoid any elaborate set requirements. And remember it is a 'COMEDY FESTIVAL'.
- The writer's name, address, phone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) should be included on the title page and only the title page. The title page should also include a cast list, set requirements, and a 1 to 3 sentence synopsis of the play.
- Submit one (1) copy of your script.
- Send scripts to:
c/o Sixth Street Theatre
318 Sixth Street
Racine, Wisconsin 53403
- Alternatively, entries may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any questions can be directed to Rich Smith at 262-632-6802 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Plays selected for the festival will be produced by Over Our Head Players.